Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Swimming



Jack and I made our first trip to the pool for the summer this morning. The aquatic center has infant/toddler swim time once each month in the summer. It was already cooler outside this morning and it has rained a lot so I figured the water would be cold. It was!!! After we walked around for a while, it got a little warmer. Jack wasn't too sure about it at first. He really clung to me. When I would dip his feet in he cried. We sat and watched some of the other kids for awhile and all of a sudden he wanted to take off! He played and played. His teeth were chattering and his lips were turning blue. Every time I would ask if he wanted to go home, he would shake his head no. The last time I asked, he nodded yes, so we changed into dry clothes and came home. He cried when we left. We'll have to go back again soon, and take Daddy with us! ( I did convince him to leave the pacifier and stuffed animals at home.)

2 comments:

Melissa said...

oh gosh, he is tooo cute!

priscilla joy said...

Mr. Jack is too cute! His swimming trunks are perfect for him, the boys, Anna, and I are hoping for our Dad or Mom to drop us off there one of these days....maybe we'll see you there!