Wednesday, September 23, 2009

This Season

I know this is just a season, but I don't seem to be handling this season very well. Last night I had another meltdown, about all that needs to be done, and how I don't seem to get enough done. I'm trying to sort through almost everything we own and get rid of what we don't need. I'm planning a garage sale for one of the first weekends in October. When I look out in the garage, I want to slam the door shut. It seems like a huge, insurmountable task at the moment. That along with still putting some things away, painting, trying to find curtains, hanging things on the wall, organizing, the regular home maintenance (laundry, cleaning, meal planning, buying groceries, paying bills) potty training, giving piano lessons, getting up at 5:00 every morning to go to the Y, and getting ready for company and Jack's birthday, are wearing me out. I don't feel like I am balancing things very well. Craig told me to stick to one thing until it's done but when I look at my list, I don't think it will really work like that. A lot of my list is connected with another part of my list. I'll just keep trying to take it a day at a time, but if you know the secret to balance, could you please share it?

2 comments:

Cassie said...

i'll keep checking back here to see if the secret gets revealed! i'm searching for it, too! :)
you're doing great sara. just keep reminding yourself to focus on what's important. life is too short to worry about the little stuff. :)

Kerry said...

I can totally relate to the "meltdown!" I lost it last week while I was doing the dishwashes - like full on LOST it! A sobbing mess! Same thing just feeling so overwhelmed, like I'm constantly spinning in circles!

I'm thinking of becoming a shut in - man that would sure simplify things :)