Friday, January 01, 2010

One of My Favorite Pastimes - DECORATING!

I love to look at decorating magazines, read blogs about decorating, and try new ideas in my home. I love our home being our place to get away from the craziness of life and relax and have fun as a family. I am thoroughly enjoying having the room to entertain and decorate our new home. I was a little slow getting the Christmas decorations up. Next year will be a piece of cake now that I have done it once. I wanted to particpate in the Nester's tour of homes but wasn't done in time. Some of these ideas are mine, others I have seen somewhere else. Either way, I love to do it!


Our family room - I used mesh in the greenery. I used to always use ribbon. I LOVE the mesh!


The mirror in our entry - I had peacock feathers and decided to try them in the tree in my music room. I love them with some turquoise, brown, and beige ornaments against the red wall. I used the turquoise and red in our entry.


I also used the peacock feathers, turquoise and red on the banister.


My music room tree - I felt like I was really stepping out on a limb to get this black tree but I love it!


I found this photo holder at Pier One for $5. It works great to display our Christmas Cards.


The little village I inherited from my mom.


The tree in our family room. I have always done a great big bow on the top of the tree with ribbon woven throughout the tree. I was trying to get away from the "country look" this year with our move. I used picks and feathers in the top of our tree.


The top of the hutch - sorry it's a little blurry.


Another picture of our family room with a cozy fire and Craig asleep on the couch :)


The chandelier over the dining table - I'm not crazy about the ornaments hanging - I need to work on this for next year.


Our table for Christmas dinner. I had the flu for a couple days before Christmas and still didn't really feel that great on Christmas Day. The table isn't at all what I had envisioned. I wanted to make a table cloth out of leopard print but didn't get it done. I have Craig's grandma's red glass dishes. I love them and they are really pretty mixed with so many different colors.


Chair swags tied with leopard ribbon.


Christmas plates on the counter. I also like to use colored balls in bowls and vases to add Christmas color all around the house.

1 comment:

Linda said...

Ok, I'm super impressed! I should've had you come help me for the Tour of Homes!! I love it all! You did a great job, and I can't wait to see your tablecloth for next year.