Friday, November 17, 2006

Overwhelmed

I just put Jack in the swing a few minutes ago. He is doing better about being able to stay content for quite awhile watching the mobile and listening to music. I was doing some dishes and decided to peek into the living room as he had been quiet for so long. I was just overcome with emotion as I looked at him. I love him so much! I was just thinking that I wish my mom could see him. It just really hit me at that moment. Pastor Dan said to me at my Grandpa's funeral that he thinks that God opens the windows of heaven and lets our loved ones see us from time to time. I am trusting that my mom has seen Jack and shared our joy.

We have grown a lot this week in many ways. I had started nursing with a shield as we had some trouble in the beginning. Jack has successfully weaned away from the shield and is nursing very well. It makes feedings so much faster and easier! Jacque and I went to a nursing support group yesterday and learned a lot and had a lot of fun together. While there, I weighed Jack and he is just over 10 pounds! Craig thinks he lost a few ounces with the diaper he filled on the way home. It was the worst one he has had so far. We put him right in the bathtub. I am so glad Craig was here to help.

Jack has slept every night for a week for 5 1/2 - 6 hours before waking up to eat. I feel so much better. I am just enjoying staying at home with him so much. He is such a blessing! I told Craig yesterday, that my dream was to be a stay-at-home mom. The first few weeks I was wondering why this had been my dream. Don't get me wrong, I love Jack with my whole heart, but taking care of him wasn't as enjoyable as I had hoped. Now that things are starting to get a little easier, it is all I had hoped. I love Craig so much for supporting my decision to stay home, and managing our finances so well to be able to make that happen. I love these two men so much!

No comments: