Sunday, July 19, 2009

Getting Closer

I know I have done a terrible job of blogging lately. I've been busy packing and organizing. We are moving most of the big furniture into the garage of our next house this coming weekend. The owner wouldn't give us early possession, but is letting us into the garage. Craig and I will move the rest of the boxes and little things (whatever isn't done next weekend) the next week. We close on the 31st. My plan is then to go in and clean that afternoon and do some painting over the weekend. I hope to revamp my blog after we move. I need to post regular pictures and post more updates on Jack. He is so funny! He made us a little nervous Friday. He loves McDonald's ice cream. I had gotten him some and we brought it home to eat. He was eating it and I heard a loud crunch. He had bitten the spoon. When he took it out of his mouth, there was a piece of the spoon missing. I asked him if he swallowed it and he said he did. I called the doctor and they advised taking him to the ER. As soon as we walked into the ER, they started testing the fire alarms. They were SO LOUD and kept ringing for about 15 minutes. Jack started crying because it was so loud. I was trying to fill out paperwork and comfort him at the same time. Thank goodness Craig came before they took him back for X-rays. He was definitely not thrilled about that either. They didn't see any damage from the jagged chunk of spoon he swallowed. They sent us home and told us to watch him and watch his diapers for the chunk. Lovely! He seems to be fine now. Today I am relaxing a little and am trying to get motivated to do more packing.

1 comment:

Linda said...

Oh my goodness, thank God Jack's ok! That would have given me a major scare, too! I'm excited for your move! Do you need any help? The girls watch Jack for you and I could help clean.