Sunday, December 23, 2007

I feel like I accomplished a lot yesterday. We are snowed in today so I am hoping to get more done. It's so nice to have Craig here to help with chores and Jack. We are both so excited for Christmas and can't wait to open presents with Jack. The last few years, I have to admit, I've just kind of gone through the motions. It isn't the same without my mom, but God has also opened my eyes to things that are more important. I was focusing on the decorations, gifts, baking, shopping, etc. that my mom did or we did together, to determine my level of pleasure. I knew in my head that that wasn't what it was about, but it hadn't really made it to my heart. I'm trying to continue some of those unimportant things on my own, but am celebrating this year with Craig and Jack and remembering the real reason for our celebration.

No comments: