Monday, April 28, 2008

Our Weekend

When I don't play at church over the weekend, I always have grand plans of great accomplishments. I didn't play this weekend because I needed to get caught up after Jack had been sick the last week and Craig was in the nursery this weekend.

Last week, it turned out I had won a drawing for a free dinner at Button Factory. I was very surprised. I had signed up for free groceries a couple places in town, which is where they got my name. When the lady called, she said we got free dinner and just had to watch a fire safety video at the end of dinner. I was excited to get out with Craig and have free dinner! The phone call was a little misleading. When we got to dinner, we were guided to a room full of other winners. Dinner had already been ordered for us and we listened to an hour presentation about fire safety. It was very informative. We set up an appointment with the presenter to have a walk-through of our home. He came Saturday morning at about 8:15 and was here until 10:30. We did end up with some new smoke detectors that detect fire much faster than what we had.

I then ran a couple errands and a lot of my Saturday was gone already. Yesterday I was tired and spent most of the day playing with Jack. Craig accomplished a lot outside.

Now that Jack is well, and we could go outside, it is cold and we may even see some snowflakes today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We bought them also.......I feel much better about having them in our OLD house! Tks girl! dg