Monday, May 04, 2009

Refreshed

I had to get a picture with Mandisa :) She is truly as beautiful on the inside as she is outside.

I was able to get away Friday and Saturday with a great group of women from our church. We attended "A Grand New Day," in Des Moines. It was as wonderful as we had expected it to be! I was reminded of so many truths. We heard great music from Steven Curtis Chapman and Mandisa - two of my favorites. Steven Curtis Chapman shared genuinely from his heart about the journey their family has been on this past year after losing their daughter last May. I loved Mandisa and her spirit after seeing her first audition on American Idol. I have kind of followed her since. My iPod is full of her music and makes the treadmill not seem so bad most days :) While listening to all the speakers and music, I felt God so clearly speaking to my heart in so many ways. So thankful I could go and so thankful Craig was willing to let me go and hold down the fort at home.

1 comment:

Linda said...

My girls LOVE Mandissa! And they are SOOO jealous you got to meet her! I love her music, too. What a great weekend you must have had!