Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Summary of The Last Few Days

I know I'm boring the few of you that read my blog. It's always about the house. Here we go again... We had showings Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday last week. Thursday's and Fridays were early morning showings. We stayed at my grandma's house the night before each of those so I could just come in, turn the lights on, and vacuum. Saturday's showing was a second showing for a young couple that was very interested. They wanted to look at the house with their parents. Every time the phone rang yesterday, I jumped and ran to see if it was our realtor. We didn't hear anything yet. They were interested in two houses, and I'm guessing they went with the other house since we haven't heard. I'm just so tired - literally. I went to bed early last night and still fell asleep on the couch a little while ago while Jack was watching Curious George.

Other excitement from the weekend: Jack pulled the fire alarm at church! Thank goodness church was over and people were just visiting with each other. I was in the bathroom and hurried out to find everyone quickly leaving the building and one of our pastors (Bruce) holding Jack up in the air. This scared Jack and he started crying and reaching for Craig. Craig said it happened so fast it was like slow motion. Just as Jack's hand reached for the alarm, Craig's was right behind but didn't reach Jack's hand in time. I'm pretty sure Jack didn't know what it was or that pulling it would do anything. I also want to know why a fire alarm is low enough on the wall that a 2-year-old can reach it?!! While we were eating lunch a friend left a message on my phone posing as a cop, saying we were to call him back immediately to report the incident or it would result in a misdemeanor. Very funny!

I'm hoping for a little more relaxed week. We shall see. Friday morning, I am leaving early with some friends to go to "Women of Faith," in Des Moines. The speakers will be wonderful but I am most excited about he music - Steven Curtis Chapman and Mandisa! I can't wait. I just hope there are no showings on Friday or Saturday because Craig will be in charge.

1 comment:

Jennie Peakin said...

Oh Sarah, I think about you a lot. I know how stressful it is to sell a house,,,Cassie and my brother are both trying to sell theirs too! I feel for you and have said many prayers.

I love the story about Jack pulling the fire alarm. Before I even read the complete story, I was thinking the same thing as you..."why would a fire alarm be low enough for a 2 year old to reach?!?!" Hilarious! That is totally something Tate would do!