Saturday, July 29, 2006

Missing my mom


I am overwhelmed. There is a lot to do to get ready for the arrival of our first child and I haven't been doing a very good job keeping up with the day to day maintenance of our home. Just in the last couple weeks, the baby has decided to lay just right so that I have A LOT of lower back pain that hurts down into my hips and thighs. I have just been trying to make it to 5:00 each day at work, come home and give a couple flute or piano lessons and then sit on the couch. I have wanted so many times to just pick up the phone and say, "Mom, could you come help me?" I know she would have LOVED anticipating this first grandchild with us. Through all of our disagreements, I always admired her classiness, ability to organize and accomplish more in one day than I seem to in a month, balance work, a family, and other outside activities, and do everything with the utmost quality. I know she would have gladly come on a weekend when I needed her help to clean, organize and prepare. I have been envious watching some of my other friends with their moms as they get ready for the birth of their babies. My mom taught me to sew and I have been making the bedding, curtains and accessories for the baby's room. Today, as I work on those projects, I will be sewing with more fond memories of my mom.

1 comment:

Cassie said...

Sara,
I am so so sad for you tonight. I'm sure you mom is watching from above and feeling so very proud of this beautiful woman she raised! You baby will be so blessed to have a very special angel watching over him or her! By the way, you look SO MUCH like your mom!! Wow!
With thoughts of you and prayers for you tonight,
Cassie