Monday, March 16, 2009

Catching Up




The last week seems kind of like a blur. A week ago yesterday, was my birthday. After church, we went out for dinner and to the mall. Jack had gotten tokens for the carousel at the mall for his first Christmas from his grandma. We still hadn't used them. He LOVED it. Every day this last week, he kept asking, "Go mall?" It was a fun day to get away as a family and have fun.

The other question we keep hearing from him is, "Go park?" We hear this SEVERAL times a day. We have been going to the park a lot. Yesterday he saw a boy with a kite. When we were getting some groceries last night at Wal-Mart, we bought a kite. Jack and Daddy have a date at the park tonight to try the kite.

Last week, we thought we were getting an offer on our house and the person changed their mind. We had some more showings this last week. We are very thankful for all of the interest. It's just a lot of work to get ready each time. I also can't find several things. I am constantly hiding things at the last minute and then can't find them later. I also need to start several projects, but don't know if I could finish them quickly, if the realtor would call and want to show the house. We also have been having a lot of water in the basement as a result of the recent heavy rains. I am learning that there really isn't such a thing as "getting back to normal," but we are ready to move and close this chapter of our lives.

This last weekend, I attended the National Hearts at Home conference in Normal/Bloomington, IL at Illinois State University. It was wonderful! I learned and lot and had a lot of fun.

Jack and I were outside almost all morning today, and plan to go out again after his nap. The sunshine feels so good! I think Spring is here.

1 comment:

z said...

looks like fun! alaina really likes doing that too...she even ended up on that same cat w/ the fish :)