Friday, November 27, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009

Our kitchen has a great spot for a buffet line.

I found cloth napkins we received as a wedding gift - I wasn't sure if we should really use them, but if you don't use them, they stay in a drawer forever and then what's the point of having them?
It was so fun to make the table festive!


We had a great day yesterday. We had some of my family and some of Craig's family. I have been waiting for so long, to have the room to host family get-togethers. It's truly something I like to do. It has been like Christmas for me the last couple months. As we have been unpacking, I've been finding wedding gifts that we hadn't used because there was no need to use them at our first, small house. Yesterday I used several gifts as I set the table and prepared the food.

Today Jack has been helping put away the fall decor and get out the Christmas stuff. We haven't gotten very far. Craig and Jack are napping now and I'm going to push through the urge to nap and try to get some things done. I don't do Black Friday so we are having a nice day at home.

No comments: