Friday, October 06, 2006

September 27, 2006


He's here! Last Wednesday, September 27, 2006, was a day full of anticipation, excitement, nervousness, fear, joy, elation, and some disappointment. Jack Emmett Butler arrived at 7:58 am. He weighed 7 lbs 2 oz and was 19 inches long. He has a little bit of blonde hair. He is adorable. The delivery went so much better than I could have expected. I was nervous about the C-section. I have had a quick recovery. Even though I had had two steroid shots to help his lungs, he was still having some trouble. After he had been delivered, the doctor let Craig hold him for a moment so I could see him and he was taken to NICU. He was put on oxygen, an IV of antibiotics and other monitors. He was in the NICU for three days. It got old riding in a wheel chair or walking down to the nursery to be able to hold him and start to try feeding him. Finally, on Saturday morning, he was able to come to my room and stay with Craig and I. We had a rough start trying to learn how to eat, but he is doing much better. We brought Jack home on Sunday. The week has been a little crazy, but wonderful! (Lots more pictures to come. I'm trying to figure out how to use our new digital camera!)

2 comments:

Cassie said...

he is absolutely perfect!!

Anonymous said...

He truly is beautiful! Thanks for bringing him in the other day. It was a real treat for all-better than the Ice Cream social!! :) You guys are blessed!