Sunday, December 10, 2006

Our Tree



I love putting up the tree! Craig does not. It's a wonder one of us doesn't have a black eye when we're done. Just kidding. It's not quite that bad. He complains about all the ornaments every time we put it up (this year being just the fourth time.) When it is all done, he always said it was worth it and he does like it. Another tradition my mom had, started when my brother and I were each born. Every year she would get us a couple ornaments that had something to do with our lives that past year. When we each left home, she gave us our collection of ornaments to put on a tree in our own homes. Each year as I hang them, I can remember and tell Craig what the ornaments represented. He has a great time, making fun of them and making up his own stories to go with each ornament. It is quite entertaining as I'm sure you can imagine. I am now carrying on this tradition with Jack. I think we're going to need a bigger tree!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love that tradition, Sara. In fact, after you told me about that a few years ago, I decided to do it with my children as well. It will be such a gift for them when they are older and can cherish the memories. This year we are getting Kimmy one that says "Nick" on it. It should be easy with St. Nick and all.:)