Sunday, December 10, 2006

Tradition



My mom loved Christmas! I loved coming home after finals at college for Christmas break and walking into our home decorated for the holidays. It was beautiful! The tree, the greenery, ribbon and lights over doorways and on the banister going up the stairs, the smell of baking cookies and bread for the neighbors, the colorful packages wrapped under the tree, the various nativity scenes, and the lighted village. My mom had given me a couple pieces of the same village she had, as gifts, with the thought that I would someday have her village for my home. My dad gave me her village this year. I enjoyed memories as I carefully arranged the pieces in my home this year.

1 comment:

Cassie said...

fun how sights and smells can bring back such strong memories. i imagine you miss your mom even more this time of year. i love that you are passing on some of your wonderful memories of her to your own! and i really would love to hear one of the stories craig has about his ornaments. i assume they are very colorful!!