Friday, December 15, 2006

Tougher Than Boiled Owl



Craig says Jack is tougher than boiled owl. This may be, but he is still my baby. Today he had his two-month shots. He had his two-month appointment a couple weeks ago, but we had wanted to visit with the doctor and do a little more research on vaccines. I was sick to my stomach all morning thinking about it and was glad that Craig was going to be able to go with me. A nurse in a class we took at the hospital where Jack was born, said that they have found if you touch the baby in the spot where they are going to get the shot and say, "Jack, you're going to get a shot right here," they take it much better. Craig did that and we dipped his pacifier in sugar before the nurse gave him the shots. He whimpered for a few seconds after the first needle went in and that was it. I think I cried more than he did. I HATED it!!! He did so well. He has been his normal self all afternoon since we got home. He was even smiling and cooing on the changing table afterward. I love the three bandaids on his cute little legs. :)

2 comments:

brenda mohr said...

It looks like the bandaids match his outfit.

Anonymous said...

lovely little mouth love to come in it baby sucks so damn good