Monday, October 08, 2007

Driving to Ohio




Our trip took about 9 hours each way. Mapquest said it would take 7. We had to stop for dirty diapers and we hit rush hour in Indianapolis :(. Jack was really only fussy the last hour on the way there and about an hour before we made it back to Muscatine. He did really well. I was exhausted from entertaining him the entire ride. He didn't nap much. Just before we hit rush hour, I noticed I had a voicemail on my phone. I listened and it was the nurse for Jack's pediatrician asking me to call her yet that day regarding some blood work Jack had done a couple weeks ago. She had already called earlier in the week to say his iron was a little low. I wasn't expecting anything else. I tried calling her back and she was with a patient. I waited and waited, while stuck in rush hour with a fussy baby imagining something awful. When she finally called back, she repeated the same thing she had told me earlier in the week. When I told her, she said they have a new computer program and she hadn't marked on Jack's chart that she had already called. This should be another lesson to me to not get so stressed. Let it go!

No comments: