Thursday, October 18, 2007

We've just been really busy this week. I have taken a couple pictures. I will try to post them tomorrow. Jack is learning all kinds of new things and we are so AMAZED at the things he understands and seems to know. Today he took a comb out of the drawer in my grandma's bathroom and started rubbing it on his head trying to comb his hair. If I ask him where his pacifier, socks, shoes, coat, pajamas, etc. are, he will go get them. Craig and I are realizing we will have to watch EVERYTHING we say and do. He has picked up on things we haven't shown him or talked to him about. I still get about 3-4 dirty diapers a week that come out of the diaper all over his clothes. Is this normal? Friends that I talk to, say that their children don't seem to have this problem. We are using bigger diapers too, and this doesn't seem to help.

3 comments:

Jennie Peakin said...

Hmmmm, that diaper thing is probably really beginning to irritate you! Have you maybe tried a new brand of diapers? I had to switch brands a couple of times when Tate started wearing size 4 until we found a brand that he wouldn't leak out of. Hopefully the problem gets resolved soon.

I have been thinking about you lately because I know you said you were going to try to switch Jack to milk when you got back from your trip. How's that going? I hope it's going well!

Sara said...

What kind of diapers do you use? I have been using Pampers Cruisers because they have a mesh lining and I thought that might hold more in. I had a blow out at the mall today. It's so frustrating!

Jennie Peakin said...

I use Huggies Natural Fit which I think is the Huggies version of Cruisers, but you never know, they may fit Jack better. I think I would try whatever if I were you! How frustrating! Is he in size 4? You know, when Tate was having pooping issues about 6 months ago, we gave him this stuff from the health food store where we got the Gripe Water, it's called Acidophilus. It's supposed to put the "good" bacteria back into the digestive tract or something. Anyway, it worked really well to make him "regular". Maybe you could try that. I think the brand was ABC and it was a powder that you keep in the fridge...I put it in his bottle I think once a day, but maybe it was twice. I know that it's completely safe (like the Gripe Water), but some would argue that it doesn't do anything...I would disagree with that though, it totally worked for Tate.