Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Glad I Called

This morning my doctor's nurse called to verify that I needed to be at the hospital tomorrow morning at 7:30 to have the amniocentesis. After I had hung up, I remembered I was going to ask when my doctor would be on call so that we could have an idea when might have the baby. I decided to call back and ask the nurse. When I talked to her, I explained that I was trying to wrap up things at work and wanted to be able to plan so I wondered when my doctor would be on call if we can go ahead with the C-section this week. She put me on hold while she checked with the doctor. She said, to my surprise, that if the baby's lungs are ok, then the doctor will deliver the baby tomorrow! If I need the steroid shot, then it will be next Wednesday. She told me to come prepared tomorrow to stay. Needless to say, today has been crazy. I had to tie up all the loose ends at work, pack my office, run some errands after work, try to pick up at home a little bit and pack. What a whirlwind! It just doesn't affect guys the same way. I come home with my mind racing and Craig is just watching TV as if we have all the time in the world. Then of course there is a bit of an arguement as I try to convey the things that I would really like done in a short amount of time. I am glad I called.

2 comments:

Cassie said...

you are KIDDING!!! oh my gosh!
you are totally going to miss the grey's party! :) HA!
SO SO SO anxious to hear an update tomorrow. keep us posted. we will be praying!!!!!!!

Eric and Pam said...

I don't think I would be too upset about missing a tv show over having a baby. :)

Praying here too!