Saturday, March 29, 2008

Kind of Funny

For a while now I have been trying to figure out the recipe for the coffee cake my mom made often while I was growing up at home. She would make it for company and special weekends. I had some of her recipes here and looked through all of those. When I was home a couple weeks ago, I went through ALL of her hand-written recipes. I pulled out a couple and made each one. They were good, but were not the coffee cake I remembered. One day this week I thought, "If I can't find it written down, maybe it is from a cookbook." I looked through my old church cookbooks, but didn't find one where I thought the ingredients sounded like they would taste like what I was looking for. Then today, I tried a recipe from the Better Homes and Garden Cookbook. That's it!!! It is the buttermilk coffee cake and I am so excited! Now if I could just figure out her meatloaf.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'll have to try that one...I don't have a very good coffee cake recipe. Way to dig around! :)