Saturday, March 08, 2008

Momnesia

I attend a bible study on Thursday mornings with mostly other young moms. This week another mom mentioned that she saw a story on the news about momnesia and all the things we, as moms, forget. I had an episode of momnesia this morning. I was hurrying to get ready as Jack and I were going to go to lunch with Craig's dad and stepmom. Jack was sleeping and I wanted to be ready when he woke up so I could take care of him then. I decided to change my contacts as the current pair was getting kind of fuzzy. I put in the right and immediately noticed the dramatic improvement in vision. Then I put in the left and it was very blurry. I kept blinking and gently rubbing my eye. Still blurry. I decided to try another new lens for the left eye. Same thing. I couldn't figure out why the problem as I had worn a lens from the same box the last two weeks. I started thinking, the Dr.'s office isn't open today, could I wear a right lens in my left eye, oh, I really don't want to wear my glasses for a week if they have to order the correct prescription,.... As I was taking out the contact and reluctantly getting my glasses, I realized I still had the old contact in AND the new one, two contacts in the same eye! Definitely momnesia!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is hilarious, Sara! I actually saw the news story that night on the evening news...something about having babies and hormones and sleepless nights...they have proven it all leads to momnesia. I think I am a candidate, too. :)