Friday, August 11, 2006

Good Report

My dad received a good report at the University yesterday. The doctor there said that the first doctor jumped to conclusions. With the testing yesterday, they concluded that my dad does have some hearing left and they are hoping to restore some of it and then fit him for a hearing aid. They said that he is definitely not a good candidate for a cochlear implant. I am so thankful! I was exposed to the implants while studying music therapy. They are a great alternative for someone who has no other choice. The person with the implant hears what to us would sound kind of like a bathtub draining. I think this would be frustrating to someone who has been able to hear something their whole life. I had a chance to go meet my dad and Ann at the hospital and then we had lunch together. It was a nice afternoon. My dad will be back next week for a catscan and some other testing so that the doctor can decide how to move forward. We are thankful!

No comments: