Friday, August 04, 2006

My Husband's Heart

Craig has the biggest heart for other people. I have learned so much from him. I greatly admire his compassion. I have to admit, that I don't like my heart much of the time. I know it's me and not the teaching, but while teaching school, my heart grew uglier and uglier. My patience also dwindled. I am very selfish. Craig is now on fire! He somewhat reluctantly went on a mission trip this year that dramatically changed his life. He hasn't experienced the same satisfaction since rodeoing and said that this was so much better. He has been looking for opportunities here to spend time with people and influence them for eternity. He is also looking into more short-term mission trips for the next year. He is so excited. I have to confess that it takes me longer to be as excited for him as he is to go on these trips. I want him for myself. I want him to be home with me every night. I am praying for a softer heart, more compassion, and less selfishness.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well it is his heart that is the only big thing he has cause I WAS IN GYM CLASS WITH HIM!